Saturday, June 2, 2012

Karma

Facebook folks may have seen this already, but wow. The two things I have been most anxious about regarding leaving for India were resolved in one go this afternoon: Max is being adopted by the person who will be moving into my house when I leave. While he was checking out the house (which he said he wanted after only seeing the yard!), I asked, as I have asked just about every person I've met over the past several weeks, if he wanted another dog. Turns out he's the director of the K-9 unit for Baltimore County Police and was looking for a smaller dog to join his German Shepherd and Dutch Shepherd police dogs. My biggest concern about finding Max a new home is that she needs someone who is a strong and consistent trainer. Since he trains police dogs, I'm thinking Max has found her perfect partner.
Oh, and he wants any furniture I don't want to keep, so I don't even have to worry about moving it! Seeing as I hate moving as much as I hate pickles, I might (did) have done a little happy dance right there on the spot.
When I told him he had just relieved every worry I have had about this trip that can be relieved, he said he is a strong believer in karma. Well, Officer, you're about to get overwhelmed with wonderful things. I wonder what I did recently.
Ten days. I am so blessed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment